Below is a list of parts that routinely fail on the 1996/1997 B4 Passat TDI, and where to find replacements. It should be mentioned that any B4 nowadays has probably had many wear items replaced aside from the normal maintenance items: hoses, lines, suspension components, engine mounts…and anything else that has happened to go the way of the dinosaur in the nearly 20 years since this car’s inception.
- Window Regulators: (we got em’)
- Door Handles: No longer available. Junkyard or quick fix (search on TDIclub–there’s a way to fix them with tools).
- AC Condensor: (in stock)
- Oil Cooler Seal (gasket): (in stock)
- Instrument Clusters: Junkyard, craigslist, or TDIclub.
- Voltage Regulator for Alternator: Parts car!
- N75 (Wastegate Solenoid Valve): (in stock)