Since 2007, the OM642 motor has been Mercedes’s standby diesel engine. Here is a list of basic service intervals for this engine across models and a good guideline for service.
OM642 Service Intervals*
- Oil and Filter Change every 10,000 miles
- Fuel Filter Change every 20,000 miles–for later models, replacement of FF is only required every 40,000.
- Cabin/Pollen Filter Change every 20,000 miles
- Air Filter Change every 40,000 miles
- Automatic Transmission Service every 40,000 miles
- Fill up DEF fluid every 10,000 miles for applicable models
It’s also recommended that you perform a series of checks at every service interval–tire pressure, fluids, and suspension. Click the link below to see specific information for your model.
Service manuals can be found here:
IDParts.com offers a wide range of parts for any vehicle with an OM642 engine, including full maintenance service kits for any of the above intervals, so you can find all your parts clearly labeled in one place.
*General guidelines only. Might not be exactly accurate for your model.