HOW-TO: A tutorial on changing the fuel filter in your 2014-2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel
Where is the fuel filter located?
The fuel filter is located on the passenger side frame rail in front of the rear wheel. You will need to remove the belly pan to access the fuel filter.
What tools are needed?
You will need the following items to replace the filter on the vehicle.
- Socket Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- 10mm Socket
- 36mm Socket
- Drain Pan
- Hook Pick Tool
- Fuel Filter (P/N 23456595)
Replacing the Filter
- Reverse the car up on the ramps so the rear of the car is lifted in the air.
- The belly pan is held on by eight 10mm plastic nuts and one 10mm bolt. Remove the plastic nuts and bolt using the 10mm socket to drop the belly pan from the vehicle allowing access to the filter.
- Position the drain pan under the filter housing. Open the housing cap using the 36mm socket. Remove the housing cap with filter and allow the fuel to drain into the pan.
- Once the filter housing cap is removed from the car you can remove the old filter and install the new fuel filter into the cap. The fuel filter will snap into place on the housing cap.
- The o-rings for the housing will also need to be replaced. There is one o-ring located on the filter housing cap and one o-ring in the housing. The old o-rings can be removed using the hook pick tool. Wet the new o-rings with fuel after installing them on the cap and housing.
- Reinstall the new filter and cap back onto the housing. Torque the filter housing cap to 25+5Nm using the 36mm socket.
- Cycle the key to the on position to activate the lift pump. Keep the key in the “on” position until you hear the lift pump stop running. Cycle the key 6-10 times to fill the filter housing with fuel. Start the vehicle and check for leaks.
- Reinstall the belly pan to the bottom of the car using the eight 10mm nuts and one 10mm bolt to attach it.
Resetting the Fuel Filter Monitor
The fuel filter life monitor is located under the option tab on the DIC. Push in the button on the end of turn signal stalk. The DIC will display “Are you sure that you want to reset?” Select yes and the fuel filter life will now be displayed as 100%.
Let us know if you have tips/tricks or if you have any questions about this “How-To”. Email us at email@example.com or call us at (888) 444-7951. We’d love to hear from you!